Friday, October 20, 2006

jane tree on fire


jane tree on fire
Originally uploaded by rudisillart.

this little oil painting of the Jane tree in my back yard was a personal breakthrough for me. it doesn't come across nearly as strongly in the photo as it does in person but I remember stepping back from the easel and thinking, "OMG I might be able to do something serious - not just dabbling and playing" In a few posts below you can see three paintings of the tree from inside the kitchen and in full bloom. It's an amazing tree, and the largest Jane magnolia tree I have ever seen (it's more than 25 feet high) Here's a link to a photo of the tree in full bloom about the same time I painted this. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cazsh/106129591/

(9x12 oil painting)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home