Monday, February 12, 2007

Couple on the Beach?


couple 126
Originally uploaded by rudisillart.
This is from our Models Marathon last summer. I love drawing groups of people. It's an unusual opportunity when the Bay Area Models have their marathons and more than one model is on the stage at a time. Sometimes they set "scenes" together; sometimes they don't. In my mind I made this into a scene - "Couple on the Beach" I try to stop myself and thinkbefore I start drawing at these sessions. I ask myself "what do I like about this pose? this person? what do I want to make sure that others see when they look at this drawing?" Even though this was a 20 minute pose that really only left me with 10 minutes each... not long to capture the image and your imagination. I see many artists and students trying to capture every detail, when I am constantly reminding myself to look for those few things that I don't want anyone to miss, that are the essence of this scene. If nothing else, I want to accomplish in this sketch the notes to myself that enable me to "take that with me" for later, if I want to use this sketch for something else - such as a painting. Figure Studies and "life drawing", especially with nude models, are very enjoyable for artists but not popular to sell and make a living. It's a curious thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home