Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mo on the Edge of His Seat


mo listens
Originally uploaded by rudisillart.
This started off as a small sketch that kept lingering in my mind. I love the way Mo was sitting, so eagerly, listening during a meeting. I can rarely verbalize what I want to do when I start to make a drawing into a painting. I start with the feelings first and for me that was the color. After a while of playing with it, I realized that Mo was really like the sphinx, on the desert, being sandblasted by the meeting. That's when I accentuated the textures and "wind" and the force of the group that Mo sits on the edge of.

1 Comments:

Blogger singinghawk said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors, the lines and the feel of this!

I understand about started with the feelings first. I rarely know what it is that I want to express until the emerging image begins to "speak" to me.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home