Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bates House


bates house
Originally uploaded by rudisillart.

This is also a painting that made my heart soar. I painted it not long after taking a workshop with Camille Przewodek in Sonoma. After years of computer art, I felt I was finally getting my "legs" again with oils. The light and the colors were really speaking to me; I was ignoring things that really didn't matter rather than letting them distract me.

Here's a link to camille's site: http://www.przewodek.com/ she is not only an amazing plein air artist but a great teacher. Here's one of her paintings on her website.


2 Comments:

Blogger william wray said...

I love Cammile, she's talented and really nice. I took a Jove Wang workshop with her and still have to get around to taking her class.

6:32 PM  
Blogger tonypetersart said...

Very nice, I love the color.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home